- Contestants must be or have been undergraduates at UC Davis.
- Entries must be based on work submitted to UC Davis courses from Summer Session 1, 2019 through Spring Quarter 2020.
- Work must be submitted by the deadline for the quarter in which the work was assigned. For example, an essay written for a Fall Quarter course is due on or before the Fall Quarter deadline of January 7, 2020 by 5 pm. It cannot be submitted after the quarter deadline.
- Deadlines for submission are 5 pm on January 7, 2020for Summer & Fall essays, April 1 for Winter quarter, and June 15 for Spring quarter.
- Entries must be the original work of the contestant.
- Authors are responsible for the accuracy of their work, their quotations, and their documentation.
- Authors are responsible for securing all copyright permissions.
- Entries must not have been published elsewhere prior to acceptance/publication in Prized Writing.
- Entries must be submitted by the students who wrote them.
- Winning entries will be published in Prized Writing 2019-2020, which will be sold in the UCD Bookstore. One year after book publication, entries will be published online at http://prizedwriting.ucdavis.edu/
- Publication rights remain with the authors.
- The author’s name and course information must NOT appear on the manuscript.
- Entries must be written in English, double-spaced, in 12-point font, with title and page numbers. Entries must be in .doc or .pdf format.
- Each entry must be no more than 15 pages, including all references, tables, figures, and other graphics.
- Students may submit a total of two (2) entries (although only one winning entry per student will be published).
- Work not conforming to these rules will be automatically disqualified.