- Contestants must be or have been undergraduates at UC Davis.
- Entries must be based on work submitted to UC Davis courses from Summer Session 1 through Spring Quarter of the academic year.
- Refer to "Enter Here" (under "The Contest") for relevant dates.
- Entries must be the original work of the contestant.
- Authors are responsible for the accuracy of their work, their quotations, and their documentation.
- Authors are responsible for securing all copyright permissions.
- Entries must not have been published elsewhere prior to acceptance/publication in Prized Writing.
- Entries must be submitted by the students who wrote them.
- Winning entries will be published in the volume of Prized Writing in the Fall after the previous academic year and will be sold in the UCD Bookstore. Contents will be published online at http://prizedwriting.ucdavis.edu/
- Publication rights remain with the authors.
- The author’s name and course information must NOT appear on the manuscript.
- Entries must be written in English, double-spaced, in 12-point font, with title and page numbers. Entries must be in .doc or .pdf format.
- Each entry must be no more than 15 pages, including all references, tables, figures, and other graphics.
- Students may submit a total of two (2) entries (although only one winning entry per student will be published).
- Work not conforming to these rules will be automatically disqualified.